This beautiful wedding inspiration is perfect if you’re planning a multicultural wedding, wondering about an intimate outdoor wedding or thinking of a dove grey wedding colour scheme. Set in a gazebo by the lake in the grounds of That Amazing Place (an exclusive use Essex wedding venue), this winter wedding shoot had a small single table sheltered from the elements, but with views of the (frozen!) lake and former monastery, in a calming colour palette of greys.
Featured on multicultural wedding blog Nu Bride, this grey wedding theme was inspired by fine art bridal designer Ailsa Munro’s beautiful grey silk wedding dress ‘Elin’. I love the grey lace detailing on the handmade wedding invitations & grey ink calligraphy, paired with slate place settings, mother of pearl cutlery and pale grey glassware. Simple silver handmade rings together with silver and pearl jewellery and grey ombre nail art complimented Ariana’s grey wedding dress, while Pavel’s grey suit with tweed waistcoat, silver tie and pocket square looked amazing with his dreadlocks. A simple white flower buttonhole and bouquet finished their look and continued into the table décor, where cream roses together with white ranunculus, lisianthus, brunnera and eucalyptus were surrounded by small vases with single roses, individual succulent plants, silver and grey tea lights. A small round two tiered ombre grey wedding cake with a diamanté ribbon was the perfect finishing touch.
Thanks to the amazing team involved in this beautiful grey wedding inspiration shoot:
Conceived by Hannah Larkin Photography & Gilly Keat of Amore Star Events
• Stylist: Gilly Keat, Amore Star Events with assistant Jenni Payne
• Photography: Hannah Larkin Photography
• Videography: Jay Anderson
• Essex wedding venue: That Amazing Place
• Essex wedding florist: Browns, Blooms & Balloons
• Wedding cake: Sugared Saffron
• Wedding stationery: Suzanne Oddy Design
• Tablewear: Couvert Bespoke Event Hire
• MUA: Makeupology
• Wedding hair: Brides Personified
• Nails: Got Nails Got Beauty
• Wedding dress designer: Ailsa Munro
• Coloured veil: Sash and Veil
• Shoes: Emmy London
• Suit: Hire 5
• Rings & cufflinks: Justin Duance Jewellery
• Headpiece, bracelet & necklace: Donna Crain
• Models: Ariana Gomes & Pavel Diaz
I hope this dove grey wedding inspiration encourages some more beautiful grey weddings – if you’re just starting to plan your wedding I’ve put together the first five things to do, and if you’re planning an intimate wedding then you’ll find my top tips for planning a small wedding helpful. For more winter wedding inspiration you might like this multicultural barn wedding in the Cotswolds or this Christmas wedding in Cambridge. You can see more of my storytelling wedding photography here and I’d love to talk to you about capturing your special day – please send me a message.